As a recently developed visitor attraction, Crumlin Road Gaol needed to provide access for customers in wheelchairs and those with young children. The old, former prison is of interest to local people and visitors alike and accessibility had to be provided in a manner that was discrete and sympathetic.
We recommended a 2 metre step lift. Its bold styling, smooth-running but durable functionality and its ability to fit it into small unused spaces rendered this as the ideal lift to meet the demands of this site. The lift enjoys a high level of usage in good weather and bad.
- small footprint worked perfectly to work with narrow access points and restricted space
- the load capacity of 500kg was ideal to meet the various needs of the site
- excellent safety features and easy use protected the general public
- Hydraulic drive
- Manual upper and lower gates
- IP 67 rated switching, particularly suitable for an outdoor location
- 2 day installation
- No pit - reduced building work
Modern design complimenting historic architecture
The functional needs of this popular attraction in Belfast needed a modern, reliable lift with style and elegance. Its aluminium and stainless steel profiling and clever design allow it to fit discretely into spaces that had been largely overlooked in the original plan of the building. As such it never distracts from the historic and interest values of the old prison.